Dwelling Replacement Cost

Your Homeowner’s Insurance Policy provides coverage for the repair or rebuilding of your home after suffering a loss by a named peril on your policy.  The limit is indicated on your Policy Declarations Page as “Coverage A,” or “Dwelling Replacement Cost”.  Some policies have endorsements that pay up to 125%, 150%, or even 200% of that amount.  As with all losses, this coverage is subject to your deductible.

For example, if a minor fire causes $ 35,000 in damage to your home on Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles and you have a $ 2,500 deductible, the insurance carrier would pay $ 32,500 for the repairs.
Many policies either do not include, or, have very limited coverage for important things such as Debris Removal and Ordinance of Law Coverage.  We recommend that you review your current policy to determine if this coverage is listed, or if it needs to be added.  As always, we are available to review your current coverage with you.

Return to Content Pages