Loss Of Use Coverage

A Homeowner’s Insurance Policy provides coverage when you are displaced from your home due to damage from a named peril on the policy.  The limit is either a set dollar amount, a percentage of the dwelling coverage or for a fixed time period.  This will vary from carrier to carrier and from policy types.   Some examples of things that may be covered include temporary reasonable housing, meals that are in excess of what is normally spent, moving costs and temporary storage.

Return to Content Pages